Real talk: I’m thinking I could use some TLC for my face this winter.
Between brutally cold winds and, you know, my age, I want more than just cream for my face in my natural medicine cabinet.
It’s time for Nourishing Face Serum, y’all.
Thankfully, it’s incredibly easy to craft one using nothing but nature’s gifts–pure carrier oils are all we need to show our faces some love….
For a rich and beautiful face serum, we want carrier oils that are rich in essential fatty acids that nourish the skin.
Evening Primrose oil is extremely rich in linoleic acid.
Cranberry Seed oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids alike.
Marula oil is rich in antioxidants, too, and offers heaps of oleic acid specifically.
Finally, Rosehip Seed oil is rich in linoleic, linolenic, and oleic acids combined.
With that, we have the foundation for this simple, gentle Nourishing Face Serum that’s perfect for all skin types.
Nourishing Face Serum
A luxurious moisturizing face serum featuring carrier oils rich in antioxidants and essential fatty acids for healthy, glowing skin.
- 1 oz organic Evening Primrose oil
- 1 oz organic Cranberry Seed oil
- 1 oz organic Marula oil
- 3 oz organic Rosehip Seed oil
- Step 1 Combine all four carrier oils and stir gently to combine.
- Step 2 Pour into pump bottles. Refrigerate any bottles not actively in use.
- Step 3 To use, pump a TINY amount of serum onto the tips of your index and middle fingers–you won’t need much at all!
- Step 4 Apply to clean skin. Smooth into skin on face, neck, and around eyes being careful not to get any in your eyes.
- Step 5 Gentle enough to be used daily.
- Step 6 Store in a cold/dark place.