Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of whipped Shea butter myself–if I’m going to enjoy Shea I’ll typically blend it into a cream or body butter. (The one exception: I lurve whipped Shea butter on my dry, cracked hands!)
But I have a dear friend who positively loves the stuff.
And so it is I find myself making a batch every year as a Christmas gift for someone special.
Some months ago, this same friend swooned over a jasmine and vanilla oil I had created. Based on her love for the aroma, I’ve crafted this year’s whipped butter with jasmine and vanilla especially for her.
Organic, unrefined Shea butter nourishes dry skin. It’s rich in fatty acids that support skin health and it has a luscious sweet, nutty aroma that smells great all by itself.
Shea butter melts readily on the skin and when you handle it, but whipped butter is most easily made–and gets the fluffiest!–when you begin with grated Shea. I typically grate mine using the large side of a clean cheese grater; it makes the butter a perfect size for fluffy whipping.
Whipped Vanilla Jasmine Shea Butter
A rich, sensuous whipped Shea butter featuring seductive jasmine and sweet vanilla.
- 8 oz organic, unrefined Shea butter
- 1T vanilla bean powder
- 2T vanilla-infused jojoba
- 15-20 drops Jasmine absolute
- Step 1 With a gloved hand, grate the Shea butter into a high-sided mixing bowl using a large grater.
- Step 2 Whip until it looks like chunky frosting being sure to scrape the sides often to effectively whip all of the butter.
- Step 3 Add vanilla bean powder and whip until well incorporated.
- Step 4 Add vanilla-infused jojoba and 15-20 drops total of Jasmine absolute.
- Step 5 Continue whipping until the butter is free of all chunks, fluffy, and smooth.
- Step 6 Scoop into jars and seal.
- Step 7 Store in a cool, dark place. (Not your fridge–it will make your Shea butter grainy!)
- Step 8 To apply, scoop a small amount onto fingertips and massage into skin.