We’re getting ready for a trip in the camper soon–we can’t wait to wake up and hit the trails first thing with the beasts. To wit, I’m testing recipes for delicious, grab-‘n-go breakfast noms that stand up to our new food rules. Last week’s test adventure was a breakfast bread loaf based on Anna Liveing’s amazing Raspberry & Coconut Breakfast Loaf.
This yummy breakfast loaf is gluten- and dairy-free, sweetened with honey, and full of almond and coconut goodness.
We made ours using some simple changes from the original recipe.
First, organic blueberries stepped in for the raspberries. Why?
Well, we’re wanting a little magic here–and the calyx end of a blueberry makes a perfect five-pointed star.
Second, we added two drops of lemon essential oil to the honey (instead of adding lemon zest in the dry ingredients, since we had no lemons).
Finally, we didn’t top with extra coconut & berries or drizzle with extra honey. (The loaf is sweet enough as-is–the added toppings only make it less easy to grab n’ go!)
It’s rich, sweet, nutritious, and delicious.
The recipe is adapted from Anna Liveing’s Raspberry & Coconut Breakfast Loaf from her book, Clean Eating Alice | Eat Well Every Day: Nutritious, Healthy Recipes for Life on the Go © 2017 by Alice Liveing as found on Epicurious.com
Gluten- & Dairy-Free Blueberry Coconut Loaf
This moist loaf is the perfect start to the day or afternoon snack with tea.
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 drops lemon (Citrus limon) essential oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 organic eggs
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1 1/4 cups organic blueberries
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 1 lb. loaf tin or Pyrex dish and line with parchment paper.
- Step 2 In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, coconut, baking powder, and salt.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until combined and fluffy. Incorporate the honey and two (only two!) drops of lemon essential oil until well blended.
- Step 4 Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Step 5 Pour the batter into the tin. Bake for 30 minutes, add foil to the top, and bake another 20 minutes.
- Step 6 Cool in pan briefly before turning out and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Step 7 Wrap any leftovers to prevent from drying out and chill in the fridge.
BLESS & BLESSED BE.