Our freezer and pantry regularly provide us with delicious reminders of previous seasons’ bountiful and diverse harvest. Many of our most delicious moments in the kitchen result from creative ways of using items we’ve previously put by.
Our chile corn chowder with bacon is a perfect example of how a handful of simple, home-grown ingredients can become something mouth-watering, nourishing, and better than store-bought.
Five Element Farm’s Chile Corn Chowder with Bacon
- 1/2 pound hickory smoked bacon, diced
- 1 organic onion, diced
- 1 cup New Mexican green chile, chopped
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 5 cups organic chicken broth
- 3 cups sweet corn kernels
- 4 small organic Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- dash of oregano
- 1/2 cup organic whipping cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- dash of hot sauce, dollop of sour cream, and fresh cilantro for garnish
Bless and blessed be.