This is a wonderful relaxing, anti-inflammatory scrub for the tub that looks and smells like a bright ray of sunshine.
Whereas the coffee and sugar scrub is designed to thrill with you wonderful fragrance, this next one is anti-inflammatory, relaxing, and ultra-nourishing for your skin. It’s perfect for the friend who wants a natural solution to easing inflammation and stress.
The Healing Rays Salt Scrub is designed to be used on the limbs and torso in the bathtub where its recipient can soak in its therapeutic effect. The recipe features calendula-infused oil along with essential oils of Lavender and Roman Chamomile; all three bring strong anti-inflammatory properties along with nurturing and soothing energetics. The addition of raw honey provides the blend with a rich thickness and adds a luxurious hint in the tub. More often than not, I actually use Manuka honey in this scrub to add additional antibacterial and antibiotic effect.
I first made this recipe as a bath-time indulgence for a friend who is plagued by systemic inflammation.The original recipe evolved to serve as gentle uplifting, relaxing, and healing blend. The combination of carriers, essential oils, and honey are nourishing for both body and spirit. They facilitate skin healing Roman Chamomile facilitates ease and letting go, while Lavender is well known for its ability to encourage relaxation.
Healing Rays Calendula Salt Scrub
A balanced herbal and sunny scrub with a stunningly beautiful golden color thanks to the infused calendula flowers.
- 8 ounces Himalayan pink salt
- 4 ounces raw, organic honey (I use a Manuka honey with a Bio-Active rating of 16+)
- 3 ounces calendula (Calendula officinalis)-infused oil
- 15 drops of Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) essential oil
- 45 drops of Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- A large glass bowl
- A small, heatproof glass measuring cup (like Pyrex) for warming the honey, if needed
- A sturdy whisk or large fork for stirring
- Plastic spatula for scraping the bowl
- A wide-mouth funnel for transferring into jar(s)
- Glass or PET plastic jar with lid to hold approximately 16 ounces--or more, smaller jars to suit
- Step 1 If the honey is too thick to blend, gently melt it in a heatproof container in a pan with a small amount of water (or a double-boiler).
- Step 2 Whisk the salt and calendula-infused oil together in the large mixing bowl.
- Step 3 Gently mix in the honey until well combined.
- Step 4 Add your essential oils and stir consistently to blend completely. (The scrub will be quite thick and gooey.)
- Step 5 Using the spatula, guide the resulting scrub through your funnel into your desired jar(s) in appropriate amounts.
- Step 6 This scrub is designed to be used in a warm to hot bath where one can soak in the rich texture. Use on the limbs and torso on unbroken skin. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- Step 7 Note that the shower/tub can get INCREDIBLY slippery after you use any scrub with carrier oils. BE CAREFUL!
2 thoughts on “Healing Rays Soothing Calendula Salt Scrub”
Reblogged this on hocuspocus13.
Reblogged this on The Halau.
Comments are closed.